About Leslie Scott Jean-Bart
Leslie Scott Jean-Bart is a fifth generation Jacksonville native who enjoys helping injured consumers obtain justice. Since 2000, her practice has focused on plaintiff personal injury law, first working at Farah & Farah before opening The Jean-Bart Firm, P.L. and joining Terrell Hogan.
Leslie earned a Juris Doctor from the University of Miami School of Law, where she received the C.A.L.I. Award of Excellence in Florida Appellate Law. She also earned a Bachelor of Science degree from the University of Miami.
Her legal career began at Legal Services of Greater Miami, preserving safe and affordable housing for the poor and working poor before joining Sheppard, White & Thomas, P.A., where she handled employment discrimination, civil rights, and education cases in state and federal courts.
In her free time, she enjoys attending community events with her husband, and daughter. She’s an avid reader and enjoys cooking; Christmas Gumbo and red velvet cake are her specialties.
- The Florida Bar, 1997-present
- Judicial Nominating Procedures Committee, 2014-2019
- Grievance Committee (4C), 2011-2014, Chair 2014
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida, 1998-present
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida, 1999-present
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida, 1999-2005, 2013-present
- State Bar of Georgia, 2008-present
- Court of Appeals of the State of Georgia, 2011-present
- American Bar Association
- Jacksonville Bar Association
- Florida Association for Women Lawyers
- Jacksonville Women Lawyers Association
- American Justice Association
- Florida Justice Association, Board 2010-2016
- Jacksonville Justice Association, Board 2012-2017
- National Bar Association
- Virgil Hawkins Florida Chapter of the National Bar Association
- D.W. Perkins Bar Association, President 2009-2010, 2012-2013
- Chester Bedell Inn of Courts, Associate 1999-2000/Barrister 2002-2005
University of Miami School of LawJuris Doctor
University of MiamiBachelor of Science, Biology/Chemistry