Send a message to Betsy Greene
About Betsy K. Greene
Admitted to the bar, 1982, Indiana; also admitted to practice in the U.S. Supreme Court, U.S. Court of Appeals, 7th Circuit and 6th Circuit, and the U.S. District Court, Northern and Southern Districts of Indiana. Ms. Greene has represented injured people for over 30 years and been partners with Fred Schultz in the law firm of Greene & Schultz Trial Lawyers, in Bloomington, Indiana, since 2005. Ms. Greene has personally tried over 100 jury trials in her career.
Past president of the Indiana Trial Lawyers Association (2006-2007) and served as president of many other legal organizations, including the Indiana chapter of the American Board of Trial Advocates (2007) and the Monroe County Bar Association. (2007). Serves on the American Association for Justice Board of Governors (2017 to present) the AAJ Public Education Committee (Chair), Monroe County Public Defender Board (2010 to present), Maurer School of Law Board of Visitors at Indiana University (2017 to present), and the Indiana Supreme Court Committee on Character and Fitness (1993 to present). Elected to the Belli Society Board of Directors in 2019.
Certified in Civil Trial Advocacy by the National Board of Trial Advocacy in 1995 (first female in the State of Indiana to receive that certification) and certified every 5 years since. AV rated by Martindale-Hubbell. Named a “Super Lawyer” in 2004 (first year the ratings were published) and every year since. In April, 2015, Ms. Greene was named a “Distinguished Barrister” by the Indiana Lawyer newspaper. In 2017, 2018, and 2019, listed as one of Indiana’s “Top Ten” lawyers by the Super Lawyer magazine. In 2019, named the #1 Indiana Super Lawyer.
Graduated from Gerry Spence’s Trial Lawyers College in 2005. Board of Directors of the Trial Lawyers College (2009 to 2011). Serves on the faculty of the Trial Lawyers College (2010 to present). Teaches lawyers across the country.
- Monroe County Bar Association , member, 1989-present. President (2005).
- Indiana Trial Lawyers Association , 1992 – present; Past President, 2006-2007; Executive Committee, 1994-2008;
- Board of Directors, 1993 to present; member, Inducted into the College of Fellows; Indiana representative to the American Association for Justice Board of Governors, 2015
- American Board of Trial Advocates, member, 1994-present, President, Indiana Chapter, 2005.
- American Association For Justice, member, 1990-present;
- Gerry Spence's Trial Lawyers College, graduated intensive three week course, 2005. Board of Directors, 2009-2011; Faculty 2009- present. Attended and taught numerous intensive trial practice seminars across the country.
- Indiana Super Lawyers, Ms. Greene was named a “Super Lawyer” in 2004, the first year the ratings were published by Law & Politics” Magazine (a peer rating of the top 5% of lawyers in the state) and has been named every year the ratings have by been published. Regularly listed as one of Indiana’s “Top 25 Women Super Lawyers” and has three times been named as one of Indiana’s “Top 50 Super Lawyers” in 2007, 2009 & 2010.
- Best Lawyers in America, 2013-present
- Served as Adjunct Professor teaching Trial Advocacy for the spring 2008 semester at the Indiana University School of law.
- Rated AV Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell.
- Recognized as a “Distinguished Barrister” by the Indiana Lawyer, a publication of the Indiana Business Journal in 2015.
- Frequent speaker at Indiana Trial Lawyers Association, Indiana Continuing Legal Education Forum and American Association for Justice seminars.
- Serves on the Development Committee of the Monroe County YMCA
- Appointed by the Board of Judges to the Monroe County Public Defender Board
Indiana University Maurer School of Law, Bloomington, IndianaJ.D. - May, 1982
Indiana UniversityB.A. (English) - May, 1979