Send a message to Miriam Barish
About Miriam Barish
Miriam Barish has been a strong advocate in the development of the law regarding protecting the rights of women. She has actively litigated premises liability cases regarding the safety and security of women and participated in obtaining a landmark verdict, in the first case of its kind, regarding a wrongful death case arising from the negligent premises security of two women.
Ms. Barish has actively litigated many other premises liability cases involving negligent security, including the sexual and violent assault of a female inpatient of a psychiatric hospital as well as the robbery and assault of a female patron in a large retail store parking lot.
Miriam concentrates her practice in motor vehicle matters, premises liability including premise security liability, construction accidents, dram shop liquor liability, and products liability litigation including flammability cases. She represented a family whose two-year old son was catastrophically injured in a mattress fire due to the failure to provide any flame retardants or barriers in the fabric or foam of the mattress.
In addition, Miriam’s practice involves toxic torts including Benzene, lead paint poisoning, and other chemical exposures.
- Judge Pro Tem - Court of Common Pleas in Philadelphia County
- Philadelphia Trial Lawyers Association
- New Jersey Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Philadelphia Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- American Trial Lawyers Association
- New Jersey Trial Lawyers Association
- Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association
- Board National Advisory Committee - Widener University Law School
Widener University School of LawJ.D.
Temple University School of BusinessBachelor