Send a message to Margaret Murray
About Margaret M. Murray
After graduating from Case Western Reserve University Law School in 1996, I first worked for the Erie County Prosecutor’s Office before joining Murray & Murray. I work to be an advocate for my clients and help them in the best and most meaningful way possible. Presenting a case to the court and having the clients understand just how much we care about their very personal and individual claims is very important to me.
Inspiration in my life:
My parents and their ongoing commitment to teaching and learning.
My advice for young professionals:
Tackle one task at a time; work hard and read the law.
I like giving back because:
I enjoy helping others and truly want them to be happy.
Something you may not know about me:
I love playing tennis almost as much as I love practicing law.
Margaret is a strong supporter of the Sandusky community, working as a commissioner with Erie MetroParks and participating in local and regional politics on the State Central Committee for the Democratic Party, as well as serving as president of Democratic Women of Erie County.
Areas of Practice
- Plaintiffs' trial practice
- Personal injury
- Wrongful death actions
- Insurance law
- Class actions
- Unclaimed property law
- Ohio, 1996
- Pennsylvania, 2018
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Ohio, 1997
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Michigan, 2002
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Ohio, 2011
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit, 1998
- J.D., Case Western Reserve University Law School, Cleveland, Ohio, 1996
- Honors: Merit Scholar
- B.A., English, The College of The Holy Cross, 1993
- Honors: Sigma Tau Delta – English Honor Society
Honors & Awards
- Margaret M. Murray Amicus Curiae Award, Ohio Association for Justice, 2019
- Amicus Curiae Award, Ohio Association for Justice, 2010 and 2014
- Distinguished Service Award, Ohio Association for Justice, 2011
- Best Lawyers in America®, Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs, 2019 - 2021
- Ohio Super Lawyers®, 2013 – 2021
- United States Senate Judicial Nominations Commission for the State of Ohio
- Erie MetroParks, commissioner, 2016 – 2021
- Erie County Bar Association, 1998 – present; Erie-Huron County Joint Certified Grievance Committee, member, 2011 – present; chair, 2015 – 2016
- Ohio State Bar Association, 1993 – present
- American Bar Association, 1998 – 2017
- Democratic Women of Erie County, 2000 – present; vice president, 2017; president 2018 – 2021
- American Association for Justice, f/k/a ATLA, 1998 – present
- Ohio Association for Justice, f/k/a OATL, 1998 – present
- Board of Trustees, 2004-2010, 2015-2018; Rules Comm., 2006
- Ohio Association for Justice, Amicus Curiae Committee, chair, 2009 – present
- Ohio Association for Justice, Subrogation Task Force, 2014
- The Justice Institute, 2008
- United States Senate Judicial Nominations Commission for the Southern District of Ohio, 2009 – 2012, 2016
- State Central Committee for the Ohio Democratic Party, 2nd Senatorial District, 2006 – present; Advocacy Committee, co-chair, 2015
- Second Harvest Food Bank of North Central Ohio, at-large committee member, 2007 – 2008; president 2004 – 2007; secretary 2003 – 2004
- Ohio State Bar Association Special Committee on Subrogation, 2009
- Ohio State Bar Association Subrogation Task Force, 2010
- Ohio State Bar Association, Legal Ethics and Professional Conduct Committee, 2009 – 2012
- Ohio Association for Justice, Clawson Task Force, 2023
- Ohio Board of Professional Conduct, Commissioner, 2023-2025
- N.A.A.C.P. – Silver Life Member; elected member of the Executive Committee for Local Unit 3199, 2020-present.
The College of The Holy CrossB.A.
Case Western Reserve University Law SchoolJ.D., Law